Wood’s Homes greatly appreciates your interest in volunteering with our organization. Please see current opportunities listed below.
Casino Volunteer - September 5 and 6
Wood's Homes invites you to volunteer at this year’s Casino Event!
The event will be held on Saturday and Sunday, September 5th and 6th at Cowboys Casino. View the volunteer opportunities here.
Wood’s Homes is looking for the following Volunteer Positions:
- Chip Runner
- Count Room Staff
- General Manager
- Alternate General Manager
- Count Room Supervisor
Click here to sign up and volunteer!
Stage 2 allows casinos to reopen and resume operations with physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place. More information on safety precautions being implemented by AGLC and Casino Facility Licensees (CFL) to protect staff, volunteers and patrons will be provided.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Workshop volunteer - activities, new skills and trade
Apply your specialized skills and become a Workshop Volunteer at Wood's Homes! As a Workshop Volunteer, you will bring your own skills and experience to host workshops for our New Horizon and EXIT Youth Hub programs, serving young adults (ages 18-24) who are at risk of being homeless.
Young people are selected for New Horizon on the basis of their hard work, dedication and hunger to build better lives for themselves. Wood's Homes' clients are willing learners with various levels of experience.
We are looking for artists, craft makers, fitness instructors, actors and musicians, makeup artists, writers and other skill-and experience-based teachers who will supervise and facilitate workshops for our clients on a monthly or on an as-needed-basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate information and instruction of skill-based techniques with enthusiasm, clarity and patience.
- Setting up the room before each workshop.
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of the space after each workshop session.
- Advising Program Manager and Community Engagement Coordinator of any supplies needed.
- Prepare course material and provide necessary handouts and tools to all participants.
- Adapt to the different learning styles of members and accommodating to their needs through demonstrations and examples when necessary.
- Assist clients in the creation and execution of workshop objectives and projects.
- Advise Program Manager and Community Engagement Coordinator of developments or requirements, and to promptly report on any concerns.
- Provide our clients with a positive experience.
- Must follow all safety rules and safe work practices.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively with our clients and staff, and abilities to chosen workshop topic.
- Trustworthy, reliable and strong adherence to maintaining confidentiality.
Please submit both a cover letter and a resume specifying Workshop Volunteer via email to email@example.com
We thank all interested volunteers for their interest; however, only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Please check back soon for more upcoming volunteer opportunities.