Wood’s Homes greatly appreciates your interest in volunteering with our organization. Please see current opportunities listed below. Please check back soon for upcoming volunteer opportunities.
Volunteer Youth Mentor - Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Program
The Wood's Homes’ Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Support Program provides support and education in two focus areas - the whole family and the individual caregivers.
We are looking for a dedicated volunteer to take part in leading programs for FASD children while their caregivers attend a bi-weekly support group. The children will be divided into several age groups and the volunteers will facilitate various activities. This opportunity will take place on Friday evenings twice per month at our William Taylor Learning Centre on our Parkdale Campus.
- You have a passion for supporting children and youth with struggles and developmental challenges.
- 2 - 3 hours every second Friday.
- Six month minimum commitment.
Click here to apply.
Volunteer Counselling Position - Eastside Family Centre
(Master's Degree and 1+ years counselling experience required)
The Eastside Family Centre provides immediate, accessible, walk-in single session therapy at no cost to the client. Community Volunteer Therapists provide 1 hour therapy sessions to individuals, couples and families with a wide range of presenting concerns from significant mental illness, suicide and self harm, relationship concerns to job loss. The demand for immediate counselling provided by trained professionals at the EFC has dramatically increased this year and this opportunity would allow a volunteer to give back to the community. Volunteers, students, full time staff and consulting psychiatrists work together on multidisciplinary teams providing the volunteer with on-going support and supervision in a learning atmosphere.
- Minimum range 4-8 hours per month.
- Ideally we are looking for experienced therapists with a passion for professional development and social justice.
- One year minimum commitment.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or other related counselling field required.
- We welcome therapists with credentials approved by the Alberta College of Social Workers or the College of Alberta Psychologists.
Click here to apply at our Eastside Family Centre.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Wood's Homes, however, all other volunteer positions are currently filled. For future volunteer opportunities, please check back in a few weeks.