Wood’s Homes greatly appreciates your interest in volunteering with our organization. Please see current opportunities listed below. Please check back soon for upcoming volunteer opportunities.
Volunteer Counselling Position - Eastside Family Centre
(Master's Degree and 1+ years counselling experience required)
The Eastside Family Centre provides immediate, accessible, walk-in single session therapy at no cost to the client. Community Volunteer Therapists provide 1 hour therapy sessions to individuals, couples and families with a wide range of presenting concerns from significant mental illness, suicide and self harm, relationship concerns to job loss. The demand for immediate counselling provided by trained professionals at the EFC has dramatically increased this year and this opportunity would allow a volunteer to give back to the community. Volunteers, students, full time staff and consulting psychiatrists work together on multidisciplinary teams providing the volunteer with on-going support and supervision in a learning atmosphere.
- Minimum range 4-8 hours per month.
- Ideally we are looking for experienced therapists with a passion for professional development and social justice.
- One year minimum commitment.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or other related counselling field required.
- We welcome therapists with credentials approved by the Alberta College of Social Workers or the College of Alberta Psychologists.
Click here to apply at our Eastside Family Centre.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Wood's Homes, however, all other volunteer positions are currently filled. For future volunteer opportunities, please check back in a few weeks.