Community Volunteer Therapist
Eastside Community Mental Health Services (ECMHS) offers immediate, barrier-free and equitable mental health services in collaboration with families, couples and individuals in the community. ECMHS Therapists and Crisis Counsellors provide crisis support, mental health system navigation and single session therapy to families, youth, couples and individuals. Families, couples and individual clients are offered expert consultation with the unique ECMHS inter-disciplinary clinical team comprised of crisis counsellors, therapists, consultants and psychiatrists.
As a Community Volunteer Therapist, you will provide quality clinical services to the clients of Wood’s Homes. You will be representing Wood’s Homes and ECMHS to community professionals, the public, and to individuals and families.
This is an in-person volunteer opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct single session treatment services to children, youth and families in the form of family, individual and group intervention and therapy.
- Completes written and timely records of ongoing clinical work following case management and professional guidelines.
- Actively communicates with community resources regarding Wood’s Homes clientele and programs.
- Performs as a member of an inter-disciplinary team and an active participant of the clinical team.
- Completes all required health and safety training
- Reports workplace hazards, unsafe or unhealthy conditions, or incidents (including near misses, injuries, or equipment damage) to their direct supervisor.
- Participates in their own professional development.
- Shares the values of Wood’s Homes.
- Masters or Ph.D. Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Family Nursing, Art Therapy, or a related field.
- Currently registered by and/or seeking registration/certification in the appropriate professional association.
- Licensed in accordance with the Health Professions Act and provides services in accordance with professional standards, guidelines and ethics.
- Able to complete written documentation within established time frames.
- Must have own transportation.
- Personal suitability.
- Intervention Record Check (formerly known as Child Welfare Check)
- Police Check
To apply, please submit your resume specifying Community Volunteer Therapist – ECMHS in the subject line via email to Laura Camacho at [email protected]
We constantly review volunteer applications and will match applicants with the right volunteer role, and you may be contacted for an interview. Applications are kept on file if a match can’t be found right away – it may take a week to several months to be contacted for a volunteer position. We thank all interested volunteers for their interest; however, only those being considered for interview will be contacted.