The Acute@Home program provides immediate and intensive outreach to families as they transition from a hospital setting to their family home and community. Through safety planning, psycho-education, facilitating referrals and building family connection, Acute@Home supports families in developing the tools to prevent further escalation and establish stability.
This program offers 3-6 sessions that take place with the family over the course of approx. 3 months to help mitigate the need for further hospital presentations.
Clients are referred to the Acute@Home program by Alberta Children’s Hospital Emergency Department following a mental health assessment. Once your child is referred, the Acute@Home team will contact you within 72 hours to discuss your child’s needs.
The Acute@Home program provides:
- Collaboration with mental health professionals to develop a plan to connect your child and family with immediate and long-term services/resources
- Short-term flexible care to meet the needs of your child and family (availability seven days a week in your home, school or community)
- Parent and caregiver support and psycho-education
- Emotional and mental health support
- Mental health system navigation
The Acute@Home program is run in partnership with Alberta Health Services (AHS), as part of the AHS continuum of mental health care.