Crisis Stabilization is a 5-day program that provides quick-access crisis services for families with adolescents (12-17) who are experiencing serious mental health and family system difficulties.
A multi-disciplinary team of professionals works to facilitate more productive ways of interacting and managing conflicts, developing coping skills and enhancing communication. Crisis Stabilization is conveniently located in Central Calgary - just off of the Trans Canada Highway and Centre Street.
The Crisis Stabilization program provides:
- 5-day stay for families who are in crisis and who are referred by Eastside Community Mental Health Services and Acute@Home
- Aftercare services are provided by an onsite Family Support Counsellor. Services includes in-home or virtual sessions post discharge and the use of Collaborative Problem Solving and psycho-education for families
- A multi-disciplinary team including Youth and Family Counsellors, a clinician and a Family Support Counsellor
- Weekly art therapy groups provided by an Expressive Therapist
- Parent Support groups facilitated by a Family Support Counsellor
- 30-day stay for children and families invovled with Children’s Services
- 24-hour supervision and milieu treatment
- Observational assessment related to adolescent and family functioning
- Mediated family meetings and safety planning
- Nursing services and monitoring of health issues
- Clinical consultation and support for families regarding case planning
- Access to specialized on-site educational services
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI)