Our Community Stabilization Program is a short-term placement that recognizes the importance of connection, promoting meaningful relationships, and working with a youth’s family and natural supports.
This program provides 24/7 therapeutic crisis service for youth (12-17), as well as a safe place for those experiencing homelessness, family crisis, placement breakdown or require temporary housing. Educational and employment support is available to assist youth in academics, employment or training programs. In addition to goal setting, solutions, conflict resolution and family/caregiver support, the Community Stabilization Program also offers reprieve – a place to examine previous behaviours, attitudes and coping strategies.
- 7 therapeutic community care beds
- Access to these beds is via a Children's Services Placement / Wood's Homes Eastside Community Mental Health Services
- A therapeutic milieu focused on safety, behaviour, improved functioning and community inclusion
- Family and natural support meetings and support service, with follow-up for a minimum of 6 months
- Employment & vocational support in partnership with Wood’s Homes Prepping for Independence programs.
- Placement assessment to better support the needs of the youth, their family and/or current placement
- Referral and facilitation to community resources, with transition and aftercare support
Seven days a week, 24-hours a day