Child and Youth Mental Health Day
May 7 is Child and Youth Mental Health Day in Canada. As a nationally recognized children’s mental health centre, we are proud to acknowledge the importance of caring for mental health. This special day allows us to break down the stigma attached to mental health challenges and bust barriers faced by young people. Raise awareness of the resources available so we can work together to provide treatment and support for children, youth and families with mental health needs and build healthier relationships in our communities.
This Mental Health Week, join us in recognizing Child and Youth Mental Health Day and learn what resources are available in your community to support children and youth with mental health challenges.
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
Wood's Homes services are focused on early intervention and prevention, and family-centered and trauma-informed care.
- Eastside Community Mental Health Services (ECMHS) offers immediate, no-cost, mental health support from an integrated, ethnocultural team. Call 403-299-9699 or click here for a list of questions we are often asked.
- In collaboration with the Calgary Public Library, Wellness Desk Talks is a series of discussions and participatory engagements about maintaining mental health and wellness for the entire family. Click here to register.
- Inglewood Opportunity Hub is a one-stop shop for multi-barriered youth. It provides a combination of services in one location, removing the barriers of having to navigate complex housing, employment and wellness systems.
- Our Lethbridge programs provide safe spaces for youth and culturally-senstive support for families. Services include counselling, mobile outreach, referrals and navigation.
Ready-to-use social media messages and graphics
Click here to download social media messages or write your own using the hashtags #ChildAndYouthMentalHealthDay #CYMHD2022 #BustingBarriers
Download and share social media graphics to help raise awareness of Child and Youth Mental Health Day.
1920 x 1080 px
1080 x 1080 px
Don't forget to tag Wood's Homes!
other ways to support
Your advocacy and support for Wood's Homes plays a huge role in the success and accessibility of our 40+ programs and services.
- Become a monthly donor! Your gift will be matched for the first year (up to $300) if you sign up by May 31, 2022.
- Purchase a 50/50 raffle ticket for a chance to WIN up to $10,000, while supporting children's mental health!
- On Child and Youth Mental Health Day, various locations in Calgary and Lethbridge will light up green for Wood’s Homes! Post your photos on social media using the hashtag #LightItUpGreen