Youth Program Volunteer - FASD Support Program
As a Youth Program Volunteer for Wood's Homes Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Support Program, you will bring your diverse interests and passion for helping young people who are diagnosed with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.
This is both an in-person and remote/virtual volunteer opportunity (following current health restrictions).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Youth Program Volunteers will engage in activities in-person and virtually (following currently health regulations).
- Talk, play and spend time supporting youth people.
- Be a positive role model, identify and support the development of their strengths, build their self-esteem, improve their life skills, and expose them to new interests and opportunities.
- Ideally, Youth Program Volunteers will continue their relationship beyond one year as a natural support in the young people’s lives.
- Must follow all safety rules and safe work practices.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively with our clients and staff.
- Trustworthy, reliable and strong adherence to maintaining confidentiality.
We are looking for volunteers to support on the following dates and times:
- Monday evenings from 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Wednesday evenings from 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
- Intervention Record Check (formerly known as Child Welfare Check)
- Police Check
To apply, please submit your resume specifying Youth Program Volunteer via email to Jody.Jordan@woodshomes.ca
We constantly review volunteer applications and will match applicants with the right volunteer role, and you may be contacted for an interview. Applications are kept on file if a match can’t be found right away - it may take a week to several months to be contacted for a volunteer position. We thank all interested volunteers for their interest; however, only those being considered for interview will be contacted.