Volunteer Crisis Counsellors
Eastside Community Mental Health Services (ECMHS) offers immediate, barrier-free and equitable mental health services in collaboration with families, couples and individuals in the community. ECMHS Therapists and Crisis Counsellors provide crisis support, mental health system navigation and single session therapy to families, youth, couples and individuals. Families, couples and individual clients are offered expert consultation with the unique ECMHS inter-disciplinary clinical team comprised of crisis counsellors, therapists, consultants and psychiatrists.
As a Volunteer Crisis Counsellor, you will provide quality crisis counselling services to the clients of Wood’s Homes. You will be representing Wood’s Homes and ECMHS to community professionals, the public, and to individuals and families.
This is an in-person volunteer opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all persons calling for crisis assistance receive prompt, professional and effective services.
- Provides service and system navigation support for all clients.
- Supports other Wood’s Homes programs by offering crisis support.
- Represents Wood's Homes to families, young people and community professionals.
- Ensures that up to date information about community resources is available to families and young people.
- Ensures that information concerning services provided is accurately logged and tabulatedt.
- Completes all required health and safety training.
- Reports workplace hazards, unsafe or unhealthy conditions, or incidents (including near misses, injuries, or equipment damage) to their direct supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Shares the values of Wood’s Homes.
- An undergraduate degree in the Social Sciences.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of residential/community child and youth care experience and/or crisis work experience is preferable.
- Must have own transportation.
- Personal suitability.
- Intervention Record Check (formerly known as Child Welfare Check)
- Police Check
To apply, please submit your resume specifying Volunteer Crisis Counsellor - ECMHS in the subject line via email to Janet Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org
We constantly review volunteer applications and will match applicants with the right volunteer role, and you may be contacted for an interview. Applications are kept on file if a match can’t be found right away - it may take a week to several months to be contacted for a volunteer position. We thank all interested volunteers for their interest; however, only those being considered for interview will be contacted.