Ways You Can Help
Help us never give up, never say no and never turn anyone away. To give today, click here.
There is no tax on the capital gain of publicly traded securities if they are donated to a charity. For more information please contact email@example.com, or click here if you are ready to complete our easy-to-use online Transfer of Securities form.
LEGACY AND ESTATE GIFTS
A gift in your will ensures those who need help in the future will not be left behind. In many cases, a charitable donation will reduce the taxes on your estate which means there is little or no impact on what can be passed on to your loved ones. For more information click here.
Tribute and Honorarium Gifts
When you make a donation on behalf of, or in memory of a friend or loved one, you are giving twice. First, to the person you are honouring with your gift and again, to the children and youth in Wood’s Homes' care. At your request, we will send a notification in recognition of your gift. The amount of your donation will not be disclosed and you will receive a charitable tax receipt. Your gift can be made online or by calling the Wood's Homes Foundation at 403-270-1718.
Insurance, RRSPs, and Other Gifts
Did you know you can donate insurance proceeds, RRSPs and other assets to Wood’s Homes? Contact us today for professional, confidential and pressure-free tips on the best ways to maximize your support and minimize your taxes.
For further information contact: Lori Humphrey Clements at 403-270-1724 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are very grateful for our generous friends who have items to donate to the children and families in our care. If you want to donate an item that is not listed below, please contact us to ensure we can make good use of your gift. We do not accept hide-a-bed couches or mattresses.
SOME OF OUR CURRENT NEEDS:
- New or gently used warm clothing for kids aged 5 - 18 including winter coats, mittens, snow pants, touques, winter boots & indoor shoes for school
- A double stroller (non-car seat)
- Fans, lamps, dressers, bookshelves, bean bag chairs
- New underwear for youth 12 - 17 years - all sizes. Clothing in good condition for youth applying for jobs. (Black pants & white shirts for boys ages 15 - 17.)
- Laptop computers, printers
- Gift cards (Wal-Mart, Safeway, Superstore)
- Recreation and event passes (Zoo, Leisure Centres, Heritage Park, Science Centre, movie passes, sporting events)
- Calgary Transit tickets or passes for youth and adults
- Backpacks and basic essentials (shampoo, toothbrush/paste, sanitary supplies, soap, socks, underwear, mittens, toques, sleeping bags)
- Recreation gear (new preferred), sports equipment (soccer balls, footballs, basketballs)
- Musical instruments (no pianos, thanks!), art supplies (including easles)
- Games, puzzles, children's books, gaming systems
- Toy box\bin full of toys. Easily washable (no fabric or stuffies) toys for ages 6 months - 12 years. For example: Lego, wooden blocks, train set, tea set baby toys, tiny pianos, stacking cups, cars & trucks, etc.
If you have items you would like to donate please contact:
- Calgary: Debbie Shipley at 403-270-1799, email@example.com
- Lethbridge: Gayle Bates at 403-317-1777, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fort McMurray: Deborah Skoropad at 780-750-2252, email@example.com
- Strathmore: Sue Wellspring at 403-519-7699, firstname.lastname@example.org
The holidays can be an especially stressful time for the youth and families that we work with at Wood’s Homes, many facing increased financial challenges during the winter months. Through our annual The Santa Project, you can sign up to purchase presents or gift cards for a youth or family in need.
For more information about The Santa Project, please click here.
HOST AN EVENT
Interested in hosting an event in support of children's mental health? Click here for some building blocks to help you build a successful fundraiser.
Wood's Homes Foundation Registered Charitable Number: 89184 9218 RR0001
The Canada Revenue Agency requires that all donation receipts bear the name and address of the donor. As required by Canada Revenue Agency policies, an official tax receipt will be issued to you based on the information you provide.