IT Support Assistant
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, nationally accredited non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Today we have over 500 employees and provide more than 40 programs for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Strathmore, and Fort McMurray.
The commitment to high-risk adolescents, many of whom are faced with some very tough issues, is a point of pride for Wood’s Homes. The type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence. We are proud of the high quality support services offered to our clients, partners and communities and, through our programs, will continue to promote and assist in the development and well-being of children, youth and families.
We are currently seeking an IT Support Assistant for our Information Technology Department.
Reporting to the Manager of Information Technology, this position provides first level support by responding to all client requests. This position is also responsible for account management, inventory management, purchasing, systems monitoring, and documentation.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- First point of contact for all IT related service requests
- Log, resolve, escalate and follow-up incidents and problems using Help Desk software
- Manage client system access
- Ensure accuracy of hardware and software inventory using audit tools and annual audit process
- Purchase hardware and software
- Monitor systems using specialized software
- Maintain and audit IT documentation
- Maintain and upgrade skills through courses, seminars and self-study
- Work on assigned projects
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge Microsoft desktop operating systems
- Customer Focused
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Certificate in Business Administration or IT
Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011. We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, a generous Group Registered Pension Plan and a Computer Literacy Incentive Plan.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form below.