Development Officer, Annual Giving
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, nationally accredited non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Today we have over 500 employees and provide more than 40 programs for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Strathmore, and Fort McMurray. Rich in history, we are a place of caring and trust.
The Wood’s Homes Foundation seeks philanthropic support for programs, services and facilities at Wood’s Homes and has raised over $41,000,000 since 2001. Working together with Wood’s Homes, the Foundation identifies fundraising priorities and aligns them with generous donations from individual and corporate supporters.
We are currently seeking a Development Officer, Annual Giving for our Wood’s Homes Foundation. Reporting to the Director of Development and in collaboration with the Foundation Team, the Development Officer, Annual Giving is responsible for developing and implementing the Foundation’s Annual Giving Program including mid-level gifts, monthly giving programs and online giving initiatives with a strategic focus on donor retention and growth. The successful candidate will passionately and creatively promote the work of Wood’s Homes!
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Manage the Annual Giving Program with a focus on retention and growth in alignment with the Foundation’s Fund Development Plan.
- Manage a portfolio of annual, monthly and mid-level prospects.
- Create and implement initiatives to grow support of direct appeals, increase number of monthly donors, and enhance online giving.
- Develop mid-level donor relationships by cultivating, engaging and upgrading donors who give annually in the gift range of $1,000 to $10,000.
- Analyze and report on the Annual Giving Program based on defined outcomes in Business and Fund Development Plans.
- Prospect management and database management of prospects including prospect research, list development and constituent management in collaboration with Database Administrator.
- From time to time, position may include supervision of Foundation volunteers.
Donor Relations & Communications
- Develop and implement a donor stewardship plan for all elements of the Annual Giving Program
- Create and enhance donor relations through thoughtful cultivation, solicitation/renewal and stewardship of gifts
- Manage the communication content and strategy for the Annual Giving Program which includes editorial content for Upwords (Foundation semi-annual newsletter); annual donor impact report; website and social media strategies with support from and in collaboration with Foundation Team Members and Wood’s Homes’ Communication Department
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience, and a minimum of three years’ experience working in a fundraising environment.
- Proficiency in the use of all Microsoft Office applications and donor database systems (Raiser’s Edge NXT experience preferred).
- Excellent organizational (time management), analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; creative storytelling and writing skills an asset.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple conflicting priorities with minimal supervision and direction.
- Proven ability to establish effective working relationships with all levels of management and Board members.
- Personal suitability is an important consideration.
Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011. We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, a generous Group Registered Pension Plan and a Computer Literacy Incentive Plan.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form below.