Top 5 post-holiday tips for you and the family!
January 05, 2016
- We all know that initial low that comes when so many of us head back to work (in the dark and cold) following the holiday break. Expect this from your children as well, as they settle back in to their school routine. Patience, positive reinforcement and encouragement will help them get back on track!
- Remember that some of the fun, family-time activities don’t have to end just because the holiday season is over. Make room in your schedule to continue playing board or card games, doing some arts and crafts and outdoor activities. The key is to do it together – as a family! And turn off all your electronics!
- People tend to do better when they have something to look forward to. Change your usual dinner menu (have Fondue or Taco Night), go for a drive and enjoy the last of the Christmas lights, settle in with some popcorn for family-movie night!
- If you don’t already have routines in place – do so! Resurrect the old ones, providing they work, or think about revamping them (this is a great way to kick off the New Year)! Remember to involve the whole family in the process.
- A new year is an opportunity for new resolutions and new goals. Setting goals – either individual or family – can be motivating. Break down your goals into S.M.A.R.T. goals: specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely. Support each other in creating action items and fitting them into the family routine that will meet the goals.