Outpatient Clinical Services
Wood’s Homes' assessment and therapeutic services are now available to the community on a fee-for-service basis. Families and children (of all ages) will appreciate shorter waiting lists and our inter-professional teams of therapists.
- Clients experience faster service without being placed on a long waitlist.
- We can triage quickly and find interim supports until actual service begins.
- We are experts in working with whole families and systems (e.g. school, health, Child Welfare, etc.).
- Wood’s Homes has a continuum of services - we are a one-stop shop and can help our clients immediately.
- We understand that your child's difficulties are at the heart of your family's concern. We work with your whole family to engage the supports you need.
Types of services offered:
- Assessment: Psycho-Educational, Cognitive, Speech/Language, Occupational Therapy, Art Therapy, & Sexual-Behaviour Risk Assessment.
- Therapies: Art Therapy, Play Therapy, Drama Therapy, Family Therapy, Individual Therapy, Theraplay, Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), Occupational, Speech/Language, and Trauma-Focused CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy).
- Specialized Training: Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, Mental Health First Aid, Aggression Replacement Training.
- Families and children of all ages.
- Assessment services apply to children ages 6 and older.
Location and Hours:
- This service is available on both of our campuses in Bowness and Parkdale. Hours are flexible and negotiated with clinician depending on the needs of the family.
Email email@example.com or call 403-270-1719.